Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Kite Runner...in America

Since when is it ok for someone else to decide my fait? Well, along with the 2008 election the people of the United States voted and did decide some of my fait. It didn’t matter what I wanted or how I felt but what they wanted and they felt. It sucks having to wake up in a place where you know your not wanted or excepted. Just like in the book The Kite Runner I can relate to the feelings and thoughts of all who went through that, though it may not bee just like it, I feel the pain of having everything ripped away from you!
In The Kite Runner they are not given “freedom” in today’s society in America me, along with believe it or not thousands of others like me don’t get our “freedom” either. It sucks, it hurts, and it can cause suicide. That empty feeling that you get where you feel as though you have to watch your back and everything you do is wrong and people deal with it in intense ways such as rape, beating, cursing, yelling unneeded things, spiting, shooting, the list goes on, but either way its wrong!
No matter were you go, who you are, what you do, there will always be people that treat you different and everywhere you go, there is always someone telling you your wrong. So everything will always have something in common with the place you left and everywhere else.

No comments: